Getting light vaginal bleeding with bowel movements and abdominal pain. Had sonogram and iv iron transfusions
Please refer to the following suggestions....
I have gone through your medical concerns carefully, and I am sorry you are in such situation.
Please let's take all your problems step by step:
- You are having heavy periods due to anemia, and at the same time, the heavy periods are aggravating your anemia. That explains why your iron levels have started to drop again.
- your left lower abdominal pain together with severe pain when urinating and trouble emptying your bladder are indicators of a possible urinary tract infection. A kidney stone also might be a culprit as it is often associated with infection.
If I were your caring doctor would ask for urine analysis, urine culture to determine the right antibiotic, consult a OG to start treatment of "heavy periods".
I would also suggest :
- to keep on with continuous therapy with iron and vitamin C;
- to eat foods XXXXXXX in iron (green leaves, red meat, beans, etc.)
- avoid use of drugs which can aggravate bleeding and anemia (NSAIDs, aspirin,etc.);
- start light physical activity which can help ameliorate your health situation, and to help you lose weight.
- consult cardiologist to revise your hypertension medicines especially when it comes to diuretics (if you are using them).
Hope it answered to your inquiry!
p.s. if you have more concerns, do not hesitate to write back to me!
Please follow the suggestions below...
The light vaginal bleeding you experiencing is related to any possible urinary tract infection and/or vaginal infection. - For this, I'd suggest to do urine analysis, vaginal swab testing and culture.
Another factor could be fibroma or ovary cysts which are also associate with bleeding and pain. - For this, I'd suggest to do transvaginal echo and consult an gynocologist.
The pain you feel at the side (hip) might be associated to infection, premenstrual syndrome and/or fibroma or cyst. The above-mentioned tests and OG consultation would determine it.
Hope it answered to you inquiry!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Light vaginal bleeding
- Light vaginal bleeding no pain 8dpo
- Random light vaginal bleeding
- Very light vaginal bleeding during bowel movement
- Uti light vaginal bleeding
- Pain lower right side light vaginal bleeding
- Is pregnancy possible while getting light vaginal bleed
- Causes of light vaginal bleeding
- Symptoms of Light vaginal bleeding
- Diagnosis of Light vaginal bleeding