Getting light periods after taking tri sprintec birth control. Had periods for 12 days. Should I be worried?
Thanks for the query.
Tri-sprintec pills can cause menstrual irregularities as side effect,
so variation in your periods may be because of that,
your lighter periods could be withdrawal bleeding due to suppression of ovulation and decreased hormonal level due to pills,
and prolonged bleeding could be breakthrough bleeding,
these features will subside soon usually,
as these are common problems no need to worry, but if your bleeding repeats, becomes prolonged and excessive you have to consult your doctor once to get investigated for the cause.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spotting a week before period on birth control tri sprintec
- Stomach cramps bleeding stopped periods while taking birth control worried
- Should i take birth control pills after period
- After taking birth control when should my periods stop
- Sprintec birth control early period
- Stop taking birth control period after
- Tri sprintec birth control delaying your period
- Will taking birth control period cause irregularity in periods
- Tri sprintec birth control starting period early
- Period lasting 12 days taking birth control