Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Getting knee pain. Cannot walk properly. Suggest best hospital?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
Question for my mom. She is 54 years old and she always getting pain in her Knee and couldn't able to walk properly. Please advice and kindly let me know which is the best hospital at CBE to consult, as we are residing at CBE.

Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think medical college will be the right place.

Detailed Answer:

At the age of 54, knee pain is a very common complaint especially in women. This is generally due to age related degenerative changes or due to calcium deficiency induced by menopause. This pain is going to be part of her life; but the good news is we can implement specific measures to control the symptoms and give her a better quality of life.

The first priority however is to rule out other causes of knee pain especially preexisting arthritis. A rheumatologist / orthopedician would be the right choice of specialist to treat her.

As I understand, CBE stands for Coimbatore. I practice far away from this place, therefore I am unable to refer a good expert to you. But you should be able to find them in any multispecialty hospitals. I think look for specialist at either choose the Government run Coimbatore Medical College or PSG Institute of Medical Science and Research. Since these are training, educational and research institutes, they will have the best experts as their faculty members.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor