Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Getting itchy skin and fluttering sensation under skin. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
I have had a summertime rash for 7 years. It only occurs on my upper arms looks more like individual pimples with a hole in center and extremely itchy at night! It takes a good 4-6 weeks before it heals and then many just cover over for a short time and then re-erupt. This year, starting in September they were much more intense. The itching occurs every evening, but every two weeks, I feel the rags spreading and they discomfort is incredible.(mainly from scratching) I have had a biopsy, five years ago, but he wasn't sure if he got a good sample, not knowing what he was dealing with. It came out negative. Most recently I feel more fluttering under the skin along with intense itching. I true lily believe it may be a parasite. I try to get a sample, but it is difficult how it withdraws back into the skin. I saw an infectious disease doctor who ran labs. Streph, staph etc.. Came out negative as did Lyme. All my igg levels were extremely low just showing my low immunity defense. I have tried every cream and only steroid oil helped, until this summer and it couldn't control the intense itch. Going to a ne local dermatologist this week. Any ideas?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
HI ,

Thanks for writing in.
The symptoms you are describing can be papular urticaria,scabies,summer prurigo etc.

Scabies is caused by mite sarcoptes scabies.It causes intense itching perticularly at night.It causes pimple like lesions in wrist ,hands,inner side of forearm genitals,finger web spaces.
Do you have lesions like this?

Papular urticaria causes acne like papular lesions on exposed parts of the body.
It also causes intense itching .The pimples have hole or opening in the centre.It can occur periodically from season to season.
Do you have lesions like this?

If you can upload the photos of the affected area it would be of great help.
Photos can be uploaded by using "UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS"section on right hand side of this box.

Also meanwhile you can apply steroid lotion and take tab Zyrtec for itching .It will help a lot.

Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

MD Dermatology.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor