Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Getting headache, stomachache and itchy rashes on legs. How to get tested for schistosomiasis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.

Schistosomiasis is a completely treatable disease. You can get treated for it at any of the tertiary care centers in Australia.

You will need to see an XXXXXXX medicine specialist who could test you for blood, stool and urine to confirm on the diagnosis of Schistosomiasis. Presence of eggs of the parasite in urine or stool is diagnostic of the disease.

Please let me know about your current location in Australia, so that I can help you out with the hospital care settings, where you can get treated for this.

In any case, you can talk to your primary care physician and he may be able to guide you to the right specialist and hospital.

Hope I have been able to answer your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor