Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Getting headache, gastric problem and blurred vision. MRI normal. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 349 Questions
Hi ,,, I am XXXXXXX 24 yrs old .... recently i am gettig headache and losingmy eye sight and not able tolerate light . i have appendictis and gastritis problems . i met opthmalogist and neuro also ... the MRI shows nothing serious... i changed my glasses also .. but the prob is getting doubled .. they told me it is not migrane and could be stress related. my working hrs like morning 6 it starts and till either 8P.M or more or eq too it ... I am suffering alot .. not able to take any medicine bcz of vomiting ...not able to see ...please help me ...whom to consult ... what to do .. what is my prob ....
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 1 hour later
Thanks for the query. Its nice that you have consulted Ophthalmologists and neurologists for your problem. The fact that MRI is normal is more reassuring. Your working hours are too long and it must be very tiring. Just to break the cycle of stress causing headache and headache causing stress, I would suggest you to take some time off and see whether it relieves the problems. Since you have gastritis so you need to take pain killers which do not have an effect on stomach. stress management is best option for you.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, I will be happy to answer.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting headache, gastric problem and blurred vision. MRI normal. Which specialist should I consult? 5 minutes later
Hi Sir,

But daily the same scene is happening .... headache and blurred vision infact not able to see and bear anything .. luckily by listening to songs trying to cover/mange ... but really not bearable .. so my qn is ... is this not migraine headche ... if not , to avoid all these what is the methodology ... bcz by taking pain killer stomach is gvng me prob ... so now to whom can i consult for immeadiate partial relief . however i want end for this ... this is now disturbing me both mentally and physically ..please suggest more in detail ... sorry if i am asking the XXXXXXX qn ... but plz understand ...
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 12 hours later
It does not appear to be migraine at all. Methodology which is likely to be most effective is relaxation techniques like meditation etc for mind and the body. Some medications also help in relieving stress from the mind. Your neurologist or a psychiatrist can prescribe such medication. A combination of these can help you.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor