Getting headache, back pain and weakness. Any cure?

Dr. Sundar Gnanavel

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: since last few days i m feeling headche ,backpain and weakness so please guide me
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later

Headache, backpain and weakness are non specific somatic symptoms that may be associated with psychogenic/stress-related reasons, poor nutritional status, local orthopaedic (bone related problems) or neurologic reasons. Hence, I suggest you provide me details of any stressful circumstance as of now, any injury you sustained recently, your nature of job/family set up and the nature of pain symptoms so that I can give you further directions.

Dr Sundar G
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 1 hour later
dear sir,
due to job need i have to journy more than 200km daily (or 5 days in a week) on motorcycle or public transport and having huge business pressure ,there is no brakfast on most of the day and also no timings on lunch and dinner ,since 3 years back one of doctor suggest me to use coller as gap in neck ( spondac) but due to busy sheduld it hesitate me
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

It appears that the symptoms you report are due to a combination of physical and mental stress. Wearing spondac is a good option. Skipping breakfast should be avoided at any cost however busy you are. I would recommend daily yoga/meditation along with breathing relaxation exercises to combat your mental stress. Try to schedule your activities prior so that what I suggested can be accommodated.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan