Getting headache and pain in back of neck. How to get cure?

Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have been getting headaches across the top of my head,and pains in the back of my neck
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later

I would like to inform you that headaches can be linked to a number of causes, tooth pain is one of the causes.

I would appreciate if you could provide me with some more information regarding tooth pain if present, sensitivity to hot or cold, swelling, bleeding from gums or pus discharge, etc..

According to the history presented by you, the pain that you are experiencing is radiating pain.
I will advise you to check for any swelling associated with the tooth.

Sometimes, generalized attrition , wearing away of tooth surfaces with age causes tooth enamel thinning causing bacteria to seep in and cause infection.

Also, the gums surrounding the teeth can also develop an infection and result in radiating pain.
Infection causes fever, swelling of lymph nodes (in the neck), etc.

Kindly provide me with some more information so that I can guide you better.

I hope to hear from your side.
I wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E