Getting fever, swollen eye and mouth ulcer while having upset stomach. What should I do?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Infections
Question: Sir,
My stomach is oftenly get bad and sometimes it causes fever and swelling under eye that is eye lid and mouth ulcers of white color also comes when my stomach is upset what should i do???please help
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a question.

Firstly, your symptoms indicate hyperacidity and indigestion. Mouth ulcers indicate lack of vitamin and micronutrients in body. It may also occur in chronic infection most commonly by candida. But swelling under eyelid may occur due to lack of sleep and in some chronic disease. In chronic parasitic infection, all these can happen.

So, you need a thorough clinical examination for search of any underlying disease condition which is giving rise to these symptoms.

You should do the followings
1.     You should take a balanced nutritious diet. Avoid fast food.
2.     Take a pantoprazole group of drug every day in empty stomach. Continue this for minimum 6 weeks.
3.     Take an enzyme syrup before meals.
4.     Take a multivitamin agent regularly for minimum 1 month.
5.     Take a 7 day course of lactobacilli.
6.     Take a 3 day course of albendazole group of antihelminthic agents.
7.     If the above measures cannot give you any relief, then do a routine stool examination. Here, stool should be given to laboratory for 3 consecutive days. If any special protozoa are found, treatment should be done accordingly.
8.     Lastly, consult with a general physician first for a detailed clinical examination, for ordering any special investigation if required, and also for management accordingly.
9.     If you notice any swelling over other parts of body except the eyelid, do a blood test for urea and creatinine just to check the kidney function.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 25 minutes later
Sir i take bifilac hp for stomach and when sometime when my eye lid is swollen i take bifilac hp then within 5 hours it get ok i am thinking swollen eye lid is because of stomach and what about white mouth ulcers it pains a lot
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 18 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.

I have already told you the ulcers are due to deficiency of vitamins and micronutrients.

Look, in chronic stomach upset, vitamins and essential micronutrients fail to enter our body. That may lead to these type of oral ulceration. But, candida infection should be ruled out. For this, you have to visit a general physician.

For now, to get relief from pain, you can take nonsteroidal antiinflammatory agents like aceclofenac group of drug. But, do not take that more than one time a day.

You can also use a good mouth wash to prevent secondary infection.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 2 minutes later
But i get fever due to my stomach what medication and food should i take
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
Thank you for writing back.

I have told you about medications previously.

Look, there may be a protozoal infection. You have already taken many medicines. It is better to test the stool for 3 consecutive day for presence of any protozoa. If any protozoa are found, then you have to take medicine for that particular organism. Otherwise, you can take ciprofloxacin and ornidazole combination to get rid from this situation.

I have already told you about the food. Take light diet. No particular food is necessary.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.