Owl Image

Getting fever in evening and have sore throat. Are these flu symptoms?

Question
Hi, it's the third day in a row now that I get fever in the evening. My morning temperature is normal and it rises up to 39°C in the evening. I am coughing as well and my throat and nasal system are very very dry. Heavy sore throat as well. Is it a normal flu? Kind regards and thanks in advance!
Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later

The symptoms you have could probably be due either flu virus or an upper respiratory infection by non specific virus. It does sound like a flu and should be able to take care of itself in 3-4 days.

Gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food. This should help considerably. Also do take steam inhalations twice daily with eucalyptus in it, this will soothen the throat mucosa and provide you relief.
You could also take Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg one tablet once daily and tablet Tylenol 1 tablet as and when required for the fever. The fexofenadine should help with the cold and the cough.
Hope this helps.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.