Getting feeling of full stomach and severe gas. How to get rid of this?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my stomach is like always full .and i m getting repeated gas from my stomach. its really uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by acid reflux disease, hiatal hernia, peptic ulcer or due to stress or anxiety. It is advisable for you to have some diagnostics. Abdominal ultrasound, full blood work and upper GI endoscopy should be performed. Helicobacter Pylori test should be also done during the endoscopy.
Sometimes gas like feeling appears due to air swallowing. It is called aerophagia and mostly is caused by chewing gum, smoking, drinking carbonated drinks, eating too fast.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.