Getting ear pain after using mobile phone. Suggest some cure

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: hello Dr,
I have got ear pain. I have observed that it generally raises whenever i am using my mobile phone..Could you please suggest some solution?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 19 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, there are some documented studies on the side effects of using mobile phone for long time. The researches are going on to detect side effects of radiation caused by mobile phone.

Mobile phones get hot when we use it by holding it near ear. This causes pain.

You have to do the followings.

1. Use headset to receive calls.
2. Keep the volume of the mobile phone in lower level.
3. Use a mobile phone with low radiation. You can see the SAR value of a mobile phone. Lower SAR is better for human body.
4. If the above measures can not give you any relief, you should consult with an ENT specialist in person for clinical examination and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 59 minutes later
instead of following above suggestion ..suggest some different solutions...coz the above suugestion dnt gv mch relief
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 28 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

Look, you told that the pain raises whenever you use the mobile phone, right?

Then there is no definite pathological condition. Generally, a pain in ear indicates many disease conditions. But in those conditions, pain persists for all time in same manner.

To reduce the pain, you can take a non-steroidal like diclofenac group of drug. You should take a pantoprazole group of drug before taking the diclofenac group of drug.

Look, to exclude any other disease condition, you have to be clinically examined for presence of any hearing abnormality / any secretion / any abnormality in the ear canal and others. And without clinical examination, you should not take any other drugs. Because treatment modalities are different for each disease condition.

So, right now, you do not need any other drug except i have mentioned. Because in these conditions, prevention is the most important treatment.

Hope you have your answers.

Regards.