Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Getting dry skin below eyes and on ears. Not cured by applying facibet. Looking for permanent cure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi Doctor,

I have been getting this dry skin problem below my eyes and sometimes on my ears from last 4 to 5 months. I have consulted with doctors he said me to apply some coconut oil first time it did work and said me to apply a cream called Facibet; but it seems to be appearing again please suggest me to get rid of these permanently.

Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
This dry skin problem could be due to atopy or seborrheic dermatitis.
To treat the same, you may require a mild steroid cream for few days ( hydrocortisone or fluticasone). Once the dryness subsides, stop using it. Also use a mild moisturiser like cetaphil to keep the area well hydrated to prevent further recurrence
Hope that answers your query. Should there be more query, I would be happy to help you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Getting dry skin below eyes and on ears. Not cured by applying facibet. Looking for permanent cure 11 minutes later
Thanks a Kalpana.

I will try these medicines and will let you know about the result.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 minutes later
thanks for writing back.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor