Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Getting depressed, irritated. Diagnosed as hormonal imbalance. Is there any medication to get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
I get very depressed, senti and feel very low during my periods. Though I know I behave irrational at times, but I am not able to control my anger during this time. I am told this is because of hormonal imbalance. Is there any medications that can be taken to atleast control these mood swings.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 20 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

This is called premenstrual syndrome or PMS

You can take capsule Simrose oil for 10 days before periods under doctor's prescription.

Get your thyroid profile done as hypothyroidism is another cause of mood swings.

Do not take stress , yoga and meditation helps a lot.

Brisk walk for half an hour is the best way of relaxing your mind.

Best wishes

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor