Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting cuts on tip of foreskin and hurts. Used creams. Skin started tightening. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi, for the past three years i have been getting cuts on the tip of my foreskin and hurts. They take a while to heal. Went to the doctor when this first happened and he gave me 2 creams, one to help it heal and the other to help it stretch and relax the foreskin. It helped a little but continued to happen and have noticed that it is tightening. I have tried the stretching exercises as well but still continues to happen when i masterbate or engage in intercourse. It has halted my sex life and as a result ending my previous relationship. I have since relocated to a new city after the treatment. I would like to start dating again but do not want this issue anymore. Thanks for your advise
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query and sharing pictures.

The common causes of this kind of problem are:

>Recurrent infection
>Tight foreskin.

Infection can be very well being treated with antibiotics which were already given to you. In case of tight foreskin repeated stretching leads to skin tightening, formation of scar and recurrent problem.

Please consult a Surgeon/Urologist for this and get your self examined. After examination he may advise some treatment, in some cases removal of foreskin is advised to cure this.

There is nothing worry, please see your doctor.

In mean time use of condom will help and provide relief during sex.

I hope this helps.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor