Owl Image

Getting cold, shivering with discomfort feeling and vomiting. What's wrong?

Pediatrician
Question
I get cold shivers with really discomfort feeling and goosebumps that hurt. Vomitting feeling with diarrhoa all day long, ive seen doctors but they say nothing is wrong with me, please help me. Im 29 female
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Diarrhoea, vomiting feelings and now shivering are suggestive of intestinal infection. Have you measured your temperature? In case you have fever then take paracetamol/acetamenophen tablet 4-6 hourly to reduce your fever and with that the goose pimples shall also subside.

Kindly ensure that you are adequately hydrated by taking plenty of oral fluids as lemonade, buttermilk, coconut water. In case the diarrhoea does not get controlled in the next 24-48 hours then a re-examination by the doctor is required.

I hope I have answered to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

RKK