Getting bad smell while having anal sex. Worrisome

Dr. Sundar Gnanavel

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Sexual Problems
Question: I am married and ONLY when I have sex doggy style with my wife i smell bad please what i can do please help
its not a problem of cleaning so what i can do please answer me im waiting you
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 18 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for your query. You need to know that the anal region and the region surrounding the anal region is filled with ceruminous glands that secrete sebum. Hence, it is possible that this type of sexual act may lead to a feel of stickiness and foul odour whereas the usual postures may not lead to the same. There is nothing to worry about the same. You can use a disinfectant solution after the act.
Dr Sundar
Psychiatrist and specialist-psychosexual disorders
Follow up: Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 minutes later
i dont do anal sex just doggy stile but in vegina
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 minutes later
Hello......
Ya i understood that it was still vaginal, not anal, neverthless what i tries to imply to you was in doggy position, there is possibility that sebum of perianal region region comes in contact with your genitalia more than in a traditional posture. I would suggest your wife to try out some sweet odoured lubricant both in vaginal and anal region prior to the sexual act. That should hopefully solve the issue. The other possibility is bacterial vaginosis which is unlikely considering there is no odour in normal posture. Hope you find the suggestion useful.
Dr Sundar