Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Getting angry, suicidal tendencies are growing. Having problem with wife. Want to run away. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1976
Answered : 1872 Questions
Hello, I am getting anger over & over and teh sucidal tendancies are growing; my wife has a abusive nature, which can neither be seen by anyone or be proved its only me the victim who suffer. I am from Indian orthodox family which is making me suffer more; she is pregnant now an making use of more sultry ways to let me down the same with my in-laws the final thing she needs is i need to become a puppet like a doll and lot many things, even i bet i did not make love with the feeling but it was a duty i had to perform. I am suffering more & more & more. I am worried wat am doing please let me out, I want to run away from the relation but this should not be the solution, I want to end my life again not a solution. Its being 2 yrs i got married I lost control on my life since then i had to quit jobs because for her abusive nature, my career graph came down; I tried to expalin my parents and family but they say watever we dont want the family name to be ruined which means wait till she changes or live as it is. I am worried I goinf insane day by day
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. Instead of thinking of taking drastic steps you need to take a reasoned way of settling the marital issue amicably. I suggest you the following steps:
1. Though you have discussed the issue with your parents, it shall be better to talk to others in your family including friends and take them into confidence. You can then discuss the issue with them so as to find a solution.
2. Discuss the issue with your doctor who can guide you to a marriage counsellor and/or a psychiatrist.

Discussion with professionals and relatives/friends will throw up solution which should help you in your situation. Do not lose heart.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would liken to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor