Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Getting a bad rash under the armpit and feeling discomfort. Looking for treatment

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
My son has been getting a bad rash under the armpit. It started with wart like dimples and now its getting worse and skin is slightly peeling and some areas are turning yellowish color. This started about 4-5 months ago. We saw a few doctors and no one has pinpointed what it really is and the best treatment. My son is feeling discomfort and not its starting to be a little painful. I took some pictures if you'd like to see them in the link below:

Please help guide me to treatment.
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 35 minutes later
Hi there Will..
I hear you & empathise with your son's predicament & feel your anxiety but relax it is a matter that can be sorted out & is not serious or life threatening.
Have any of these doctors' you visited been a dermatologist? If not then it is imperative you visit one nearest you for best results as photographs alone dont convey the true picture. if present for over 4 mths, then a skin biopsy may be in order. What medications have you used hitherto? Is it possible to upload the same photographs onto this site using the 'upload data' icon to the right of your screen?
I take it this is unilateral (one sided)? It does suggest a fungal aeitology but again, its best visualised in person by a deramtologist. Please list the treatments you have been recommended & tried. Await your response for a more definitive answer. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor