Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Get what looks like sunburn on arm, spots on chest and blotchy face. What it could be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
Hi, every so often I get what looks like sunburn on one arm only, spots on my chest and a blotchy face. It happens randomly and goes within an hour
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 28 minutes later
Hi Kiki,

Thanks for writing to us.

From the description it seems, you tend to develop urticarial rash over your chest fore arm and face.
Urticaria or hives are characterized by red raised lesions or blotchy rashes which may itch or burn and may disappear spontaneously only to recur again.

The treatment requires use of oral antihistamines like cetrizine at-least for two to three weeks irrespective of the rash. The dose of antihistamine is increased or decreased depending upon the response achieved. use of calamine lotion is also advised to soothe area.

Hope this helped.

Should there be any doubt regarding the query, please write back.

Take care,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor