Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Get burning sensation in stomach with burps and often pass gas. Stool looks undigested. Suggest remedies?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 339 Questions
Hello sir,

I get burning sensation in stomach with lot of burps and often pass gas.Also i pass stool frequently. The stool looks undigested as i pass frequently. Can you suggest me any remedies?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 9 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query
Flatulence (passing gas) with stool abnormalities is usually indicative of a problem in digestion. Flatulence occurs because of fermentation of undigested food items. Passing of undigested food particles may indicate either an intestinal hurry due to intestinal inflammation or lack of digestion
In a young male like you the cause of these symptoms have to be investigated. Hence I recommend you to see a GI and get yourself worked up. Meanwhile as a prilimnary investigation you can get a stool routine examination on couple of days, a complete blood count, Fasting Vit B12 as well as a Thyroid function test. Abstain from milk and have plenty of curd as secondary milk intolerance is common in such situaltions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor