Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Genitals are burning, pain in testicles. Was diagnosed with HSV. Prescribed with cream for jock itch. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My genitals are burning. It comes and goes, but when it comes, it really is painful. I was diagnosed with hsv 2, two years ago. I went too see my Doctor about this. Initially I thought it was a symptom of hsv 2, but he says it is not because I told him this feeling last a long time. He said it is probably jock itch. He gave me some cream, but it had not help. I also went to see my dermatologist, but they said the same thing. It does not burn or give me pain at night, only when I get up and go to work. The dermatologist had given me creams, but they do not help. There is also testical pain, like someone is holding it.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Your symptoms of such type of burning in your scrotal area,in the absense of any fungal infection, could be because of many reasons like..
It could be because of repeated jerks as it happens in driving a large vehicle.
It could be because of repeated friction as it happens in bicycle riding
It could be because of some infection in epidydmis
It may be because of presence of varicocele.
I would advise you to consult a surgeon,get yourself physically examined and get a ultrasound of scrotum done.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor