Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Gave birth by c-section. Have back pain and in breast rib cage. Any reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 1677 Questions
Hi.... My name is XXXXXXX and I recently had a baby 3 Weeks ago via c-section and 3 days ago I started experienci ng some sever upper back pain and pain just under my breast bone between my ribcage can you please help me
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
I would be happy to help you with your question.

You are a 33 year old 3 weeks out from a C/S with "flank pain" and "chest pain". Given your recent pregnancy and major surgery, this should not be ignored. The possibilities might include:

1. Pneumonia
2. A blood clot to your lungs (called a pulmonary embolus)
3. A kidney stone or kidney infection
4. Reflux disease
5. Heart disease

This needs to be addressed with your OB/GYN immediately. You need to call them and see if they would like you seen urgently. If they tend to "blow you off", then ask them: "do you think this could be a blood clot that went to my lungs?".

Get help and good luck!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor