Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Ganglian cyst on right hand. Medical cure for this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
Hello, I have a large ganglian cyst on my right hand. It bothers me sometimes but other than that, it's just UGLY! I have Osteoarthiritis and my hand is showing the signs, also. BOO!HOO! I am a 63 year old female, however I am thirty in my mind. I also have Osteopenia and Ostrioarthritis in my back, etc. I thank my dear mother for all this gifts (she was born in XXXXXXX thin build.....I still love her though:) oh yes, and let's not forget my sainted Grandmother...all the same issues) My Neurologist really wants me to have this looked at, now...what do you think??? Thank you!
Commerce Township/Novi Michigan
I really don't have one at this point, thank you.

Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Complete surgical excision.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Ganglion cyst is just a fluid filled cyst.
It is not a cancerous lesion and it is not harmful.

It usually do not cause any symptoms.

Most of the small ganglion cyst usually disappear without any treatment.
As you have it in large size and bother some, it is better remove by surgery.

Here i advise you to go for complete removal of cyst with sac.

Some other treatments like Aspiration, Aspiration with steroids and Aspiration with Hyaluranidase. Recurrence rate is high with these procedures.

Thus i recommend complete surgical excision for your cyst.

As far as Osteoarthritis and Osteopenia is concerned, continue the medications prescribed by your treating doctor.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.
Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor