Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Gall stone,stress, heart palpitation and fluttering, on herbals, history of heart attack. Want to do lithotripsy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12684 Questions
I need to find a hospital or doctor that will do the lithotripsy in my area, of Eau XXXXXXX wisconsin. I have 1 gall stone of 2 cm, and I am taking herbals to reduce the size. I have heart palpatations and fluttering and told I had a heart attack. I am under a great deal of stress due to caregiving for my 96 year old mother, and now being in pain most of the time, rated a 10. I do not want the surgery now. I have too many things that I have to do. I want to try the lithotripsy first, please help me. email YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Lithotripsy is a good option for the treatment of gall stones specially for those who want to avoid the surgery.

Radiolucent and solitary stones have higher chances of complete removal. In some patients sludge or remnant fragments may be left causing recurrent pains.

Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the most effective and economic solution, although doctor in your area who can do lithotripsy, I am not able to guide you in this regard as i am placed in India. Your present physician can guide you best in this regard.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor