GIST, tumor of connective tissue, treatment options?
The doctor is now suggesting for us to go for a post surgery treatment of giving Imantinib tablet for the next 6 months which is a substitute for chemo. I would like to know if this is mandatory to use this tablet? Also the tablet cost varies from Rs 3000/- to Rs 1000/- Can i get any discount on these medicines any place?
Thanks for the query.
The biopsy report seems to correlate with GIST, which is a tumor of connective tissue. It has a wide range of behaviour, ranging from near benign to very aggressive.
As the ki-67 for your father is very low, it appears to be 'benign'. In this scenario, further treatment with imatinib is not usually recommended.
However, we need to know the size of the tumor, whether it is completely resected and whether any other lesion remains. It would be nice if you can send me the CT and biopsy reports to my attention at YYYY@YYYY
In case he needs imatinib, I think it can be arranged for free. You can contact Kidwai Memorial Institute at Bangalore for same.
Hope this helps. Should you have any more additional queries, I am be available to address them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stringy connective tissue
- Treatment and cure for connective tissue disorder
- Treatment and cure for Connective tissue diseases
- Foreskin connective tissue breaking
- Treatment and cure for connective tissue infection
- Mixed connective tissue disorder treatment
- Gist tumor of connective tissue treatment options
- Dense irregular connective tissue
- Undifferentiated connective tissue dysplasia
- Treatment and cure for Mixed connective tissue diseases