G6pd patient. Where should I go for allergy testing? Suggest medicine for fever

Dr. Sujoy Khan

Allergist and Immunologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Is there any diagnostic centre where test could be conducted to find out various other allergents / medicine to which I am allergic to?
Can I know the list of medicines that a G6PD patient can take for fever?
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 4 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

I am based at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Calcutta and conduct the allergy tests to drugs that you have mentioned you are allergic to. If I am correct, your current location is Bangalore, so you will have to check with the bigger centres as to what allergy services they provide.
Your best option will be the Bengaluru Allergy Centre:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Answering your second question:
A G6PD deficient patient can take some of the NSAID group of drugs as they do not increase the risk of hemolysis.
Please check the list available on MIMS at the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW tw/pharm/MIMS%20Summary%20Table-G6PD.pdf

I hope that helps.
Best Wishes.