Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

G6pd patient. Where should I go for allergy testing? Suggest medicine for fever

Answered by
Dr. Sujoy Khan

Allergist and Immunologist

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 584 Questions

Posted on Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Is there any diagnostic centre where test could be conducted to find out various other allergents / medicine to which I am allergic to?
Can I know the list of medicines that a G6PD patient can take for fever?
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 4 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thank you for writing to us.

I am based at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Calcutta and conduct the allergy tests to drugs that you have mentioned you are allergic to. If I am correct, your current location is Bangalore, so you will have to check with the bigger centres as to what allergy services they provide.
Your best option will be the Bengaluru Allergy Centre:
Answering your second question:
A G6PD deficient patient can take some of the NSAID group of drugs as they do not increase the risk of hemolysis.
Please check the list available on MIMS at the link:
WWW.WWWW.WW tw/pharm/MIMS%20Summary%20Table-G6PD.pdf

I hope that helps.
Best Wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Hemolysis

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, How are you doing? My mom has been taking TB (brain and Lymphnode TB) medicines for over 2 years. Currently taking Macoxplus( Rifampicin + Isoniazid ) She has recently been diagnosed with Hansen s disease. After reviewing her TB...

doctor1 MD

My globulin level is 1.8 and Albumin/Globulin ratio is 2.6. What should I do?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have new born baby boy. Now the age of my baby boy is 12 days only. Before discharge from hospital doctor inform us that my baby boy is having "G6PD deficiency" In this regards - i want your guidance. Please suggest which medicine...

doctor1 MD

I have autoimmune hemolytic anemia (Evans Syndrome). In Oct. 2010 I developed a cough that would not go away....had a ct scan and found multiple blood clots in both lungs. In addition they found some "spots" in the right lower lobe of my right lung. These spots continue to grow. A needle biopsy was attempted but the radiologist could not reach them with the needle. Could this be related to Evans syndrome or something unrelated entirely?

doctor1 MD

i am 9 weeks pregnant and my antibodies titre is 1:128.My blood group A negative.This is my third pregnancy .Both my kids are A postive .My second child had hemolysis fetalysis at birth for which she was given blood exchange and blood transfusions.she was in NICU for a month and then on medications for two years .She is perfectly normal now.What are my options of having a normal healthy third child as my titre is high.

doctor1 MD

61yo male with gallstone per ultrasound. Recently had my first attack resulting in rt groin pain radiating up to entire rt. torso. Also discovered 2+ blood in urine though urine is clear and not red tinted. Can gallstones cause hemolyzed blood in urine?

doctor1 MD

My urine test results:

pH: 6.5 Protein: Trace Glucose: Trace Blood: +


* Luecocytes > 1000 x 10 6 /L (
Erythrocytes 10 x 10 6 /L (
Epithelial Cells +++

CULTURE No significant growth

COMMENT The findings may mean antibacterial effect, urethral/genital inflammation or non-bacterial event. Probable haemolysis of red blood cells.