Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Fungal infection in penis. What remedy to be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 589 Questions
Fungal infection in penis. What remedy to be taken. Started 3-4 days back.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need further evaluation

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Most of the infections caused in penile region looks similar and cannot easily be confirmed as fungal infections. You need to undergo few screening tests for sexually transmitted infections which are caused not only by fungus but may also viral and bacteria as well which almost present similarly. So, a physical examination and tests are needed as the treatment varies based o the organism which is causing it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor