Frequent vomiting, appendix removed, blood filled vomit. Treatment ?
Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern for these symptoms because brown colored vomitus indicates blood in the vomiting and is called hematemesis. The farther the source of blood from the mouth, the darker the blood will be. One of the reasons can be ulcer. In children, the most common causes are gastric and duodenal ulcers, esophagitis, gastritis, and varices.
Since your son is having a history of chronic vomitings, hence XXXXXXX weiss tear (a tear in the mucosa layer of oesophagus) is an important possibility in your son’s case. Mallory-Weiss tears are most often caused by repeated vomiting, retching, or a vigorous bout of coughing.
Esophageal varices result can from portal hypertension, regardless of the age group. The increased resistance to blood flow through the portal system can be due to prehepatic, intrahepatic, and suprahepatic obstruction, but the most common causes of portal hypertension in children include portal vein thrombosis (prehepatic) and biliary atresia (intrahepatic).
I suggest you an immediate evaluation from a gastroenterologist as your son need upper GI endoscopy to rule out all these causes and a CT scan liver and biliary tree.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent vomiting and headache and nosebleeding
- Frequent vomiting and diarrhea
- Frequent vomiting in adults
- Frequent vomiting on lutera birth control pregnancy chances
- Frequent vomiting of bile
- Fatigue frequent vomiting diarrhea mood swings
- Six year old with racing heart and frequent vomiting
- Frequent vomit anxiety or sadness is it normal
- Child having frequent vomiting what should be done
- Frequent vomiting appendix removed blood filled vomit treatment
- How are high levels of homocystiene treated ?
- WBC in urine, pain, pressure in vagina, stinging, burning sensation...
- Do antidepressants cause weight loss ?
- Celexa a clamipromine, anti-depressant, anti anxiety, safe to take fun...
- What causes pain in the knees and feet ?
- MSRA infection, bactrim, flagyl, spot on labia, drained, new one formed....
- I have fever, fatigue and daily headache. What do these symptoms suggest?
- My coccyx was injured previously and I have severe pain in the area. How...
- I have cramps in my calves and feet, sweating at night and am not able...
- Dark bruise on spine, trauma, blood capillaries ruptured, post...