Frequent urination with headache at the occipital bone. What could be done for this?
Thanks for the query.
I have gone through the details submitted with diligence. I shall address your problems in 2 points.
1. It looks like you are suffering with hypertension and on antihypertensive pill. I would like to bring to your notice that Diovan HCT contains two pills and one among them is a diuretic (water pill). Though the dose of water pill you are on is considerably low, it can still cause increased urination and sodium depletion. This perhaps may be reason for frequent urination, increased thirst and salt craving.
That being said, we also need to look if you have diabetes / symptoms.
Your blood samples and urine can be tested for serum sodium, blood sugar and urine routine-microscopy with or without cultures to effectively rule out the aforementioned reasons.
2. The throbbing ache at the right side occipital bone pain is unlikely to related to your other symptoms. Livalo (pitavastatin) causing muscular aches, atyical tension / migraine headaches or occipital neuralgia may be responsible.
Since all these conditions cannot be proved by investigations, your doctors can try medical treatment which includes use of non steroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics, small dose of antidepressant and de-stressing measures and see if the pain reduces.
Though it doesn't sound something serious and concerning, a scan of the brain is also advised.
I hope you found some useful information which you can take forward with the help of your treating physicians. Let me know if I can assist you further with your doubts/concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could frequent urination indicate
- Exhausted headache frequent urination
- Female frequent urination and headaches
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- Child frequent urination and headache
- Headaches no period frequent urination
- Frequent urination and headaches in children
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are these symptoms of frequent urination and headache
- Headaches frequent urination cramps