Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, no burning and irritation. Urine test report shows pus cells. STD or HIV chances?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1775 Questions
doctor i have frequent urination without burning or irritation . just today i got this problem second time in last 45 days . i have taken microscopy and urine routine . the report says random sugar negative ,RBC- NIL , WBC puscells-2-3 Epithelial 1-2/hpf
. do i need to concern about wbc pus cells . is it a symptom of any sexual transmission disease or is it normal ?. do i need to take medication for this ?

its is the symptoms of any HIV or sexual disease might be the symptoms of frequent urination . or wbc puscells 2-3 count ?

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Frequent urination, no burning and irritation. Urine test report shows pus cells. STD or HIV chances? 7 minutes later
If i have to do any tests please let me know .i dont have any symptoms apart from that urination .i am getting this pbm mostly after mastrubation
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Your description does not mention about most important aspect that is sexual life.

Are you sexually active with a partner? If so, how many partners do you have? Have you ever had sex with a commercial sex worker (prostitute)? Is it unprotected sex without a condom?

If the answer is 'no' to first question / all of the questions above, you are just doing fine. You neither need further tests nor treatment. The WBC and urine reports do not have significance. The symptoms have paramount importance in clinical practice.

Masturbation does not transmit any disease, be it STD or HIV.

The reasons for WBC in urine are many right from poor lab storage and reporting methods.

Frequent urination for the second time is just a normal variant.

Let me know if you have further queries, I shall be available to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor