Frequent urination feeling in night,unable to urinate frequently

Posted on Sat, 19 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: frequent feeling of passing urine, but cannot pass, specially night time. dont have pain or burning sensation while passing, what could be the cause
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
Hello there

You need to ruled out the most common cause here.That is hypertrophy of the prostrate gland.Usually it occurs later in life but it may be seen earlier sometimes.Along with that you need to rule out renal calculus,UTI,strictures.

You need an ultrasonagram of abdomen and a urine microscopy test first.
Strictures is also the last option since it occurs later in life.
If you havent had your blood sugar checked in last 6 months,then it would be a good idea to rule out diabetes.

I suggest you see your physician and get some basic tests and a prostrate exam first.If required,you will be referred to a urologist.

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN