Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating. Diagnosed with interestial cystisis. Is there any remedy for this other than surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
I am suffering from Frequent Urination and burning sensation while urinating(Per day nearly 30 times urinating at an avg of 40ml per time)..After complete check up they told me that I am suffering from Interestial Cystisis..May I please know any remedy for this...I am suffering more than 4 years from the disease..After complete Tests the doctor replied that only surgery can be done, but its too not possible due to age factor..They told me that it can't be cured...I am having Plenty of Pus cells(As per Urine Report)
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 43 minutes later
I would certainly advise you to get a second opinion regarding the diagnosis of interstitial cystitis. I would prefer that you be checked for any possibility of a more specific disease of urinary bladder. Interstitial cystitis is far more common in females, and in younger age. At the least a cystoscopy of the bladder under anaesthesia and a biopsy of the bladder lining (mucosa) should be taken. Sometimes, if your kidney function is normal, as can be confirmed by means of a simple blood test like Serum Creatinine, you can have a special X-ray called IVU also taken followed by means of a voiding film. If your bladder capacity is indeed low, you might require a surgery for increasing the bladder capacity. This need not be postponed in view of your age. If you have no other co-morbid factors like a bad heart or kidney disease there is no reason why you cannot have this done to help you live a long life with good quality.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor