Frequent urination after getting cured from UTI. Tender urethra and vulva. Treatment?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have been peeing every twenty minutes since my second uti was cleared up by cipro back in maybe september. But i now pee bubble and afrter they pop these littel white strep like things remain and am very tender by my urethra and vulva. Please help
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks or your query.

This may indicate a recurrence of UTI.
Tender urethra may be explained by UTI, but not the tender vulva.
Pls get examined, get urine culture done to choose the right antibiotic.
Since infection is recurrent, kindly speak to your doc to take antibiotic on a low dose basis for about three to six months to prevent recurrence.
Tender vulva may be due to inflammation of the female genital organs/ PID.

DR GS