Frequent urination. STD?

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 26 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: problem with urination revised incorrect info!!!

==============================

hello Doctor I realized the Info given is incorrect. the sentence: Also i have sore muscles, kidneys etc should be no sore muscles or kidney - sorry about that

I am a 28 yr old male. In the past two days i have had a irritating feeling like i have to pee all the time.
when i do urinate it is a steady stream with no blood and no discharge, it does not sting and my penal tip / urethra opening is not in any pain and does not appear to be aggrevated or swollen. Also i do not have sore muscles, kidneys etc. On Monday i had a very stressful day and anxiety got the best of me. also in the past week before this issue occured i had increased my water consumption and was obviously peeing a great deal more.

1. could this feeling be brought on from stress where in turn i stressed my nerves muscles that effect urination?
2. could the muscles be so used to the rhythym of increased urination from before the issue arised that it messed things up?
3. considering no signs and symptoms of std are present could it be a std?

thank you for your time.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear,

After having gone through your report, my answers to your questions are as follows:

1. The sensation to void all the time can be caused by stress and other factors. If the symptoms do not improve in a day or two, you should certainly get investigated - urine examination and ultrasound of kidney and urinary bladder.

2. The functions of muscles and tissues of urinary system are not influenced by the frequency and rhythm of urination. So they messing up and causing these symptom is highly unlikely.

3. Your symptoms don't suggest yourself having STDs. However, there are plenty of other possibilities other than STDs that can be causing these symptoms.

Hope this answers all your queries.

Wish you get well soon.

Best Wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad