Frequent urination. Prescribed zerodol-p, zenflox plus and razo-d after urine test. Infected to HIV?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I have habit of masturbation with bed and one time i went to prostitute. But, i have used condom during sex with prostitute. I got urine test and pus & epithilial cells count was 2-3, 8-10. Doctor suggested zerodol-p, zenflox plus and razo-D to take for 10 days. I have taken the same and stopped after 10 days. I am getting problem again to urgent to urinate and urine also getting in XXXXXXX colour. Please suggest me what action to be taken to stop this.

I am also having a fear of HIV. Am i infected with HIV or not. Please clarify my doubt.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your present symptoms clearly indicate presence of doctor with the report. You can also upload the report here for opinion.

If in urine examination, it is seen that the infection is still present, then urine culture and sensitivity should be done. The specific antibiotic should be given according to sensitivity.

You have mentioned that you have used condom. So, there is very low chance of infection. Now, you can do a HIV 1 & 2 Elisa test. But this test might be negative for 6 months. So, do the test after 6 months from the day of exposure. That will be confirmatory.

Lastly, do the urine examination and consult with urologist in person for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.