Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Frequent right shoulder dislocation and gets back to original position. Advise on treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
My right Shoulder gets dislocate frequently, and it even get back to his position after sometime. What should I do? Please help me.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Recurrent shoulder dislocation usually happens due to an instability in the shoulder joint. Loose ligaments, decreased strength of shoulder muscle and rounding of glenoid cavity are the common reasons of such occurrences.
An MRI scan of the shoulder joint will help in detecting any pathology. The initial treatment consists of pain killers to reduce the pain and strengthening of the shoulder muscles by isometric exercises. Intensive physiotherapy program is begun to strengthen the shoulder muscles.
In case the physiotherapy is not helpful and some ligament injury is detected on MRI then surgical treatment is required. You can discuss these options with your orthopedician and start with the option best suitable for you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Frequent right shoulder dislocation and gets back to original position. Advise on treatment? 5 hours later
I wanna know where is this Intensive Physiotherapy Program take place in Kolkata. Pls suggest me doctor for consultation.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
I am sorry. I do not have any personal references of an orthopedician or a physical therapist in Kolkata. Yet you may find a good specialist nearest to your place. We have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor as per your requirement at
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor