Frequent bowel movement. Reason and remedy?
Thanks for the query.
You could be having symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS). There are certain types of food that irritate the lining of your colon thereby increasing the peristalsis. Due to increased movements of the colon, your digestion is hastened and hence, frequent motions. You will have to work up a diet plan to cut out those items that affect you. Usually this is associated with abdominal pain, cramping and flatulence. This can even occur after GI infections, stress related, lactase dependant.
It would better to get it examined and evaluated by a gastroenterologist and few investigations like Colonoscopy and tissue biopsy would be required. The other probabilities which are needed to rule out are Colitis, Celiac's disease, Lactose intolerance.
Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1. Avoid foods and drinks that stimulate the intestines (such as caffeine, tea, or colas)
2. Avoid alcohol and smoking
3. Increase dietary fiber
4. Avoid large meals and prefer small meals
5. Drink lots of fluids like water and fruit juices.
Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Reason for frequent urination and bowel movements while nursing
- Home remedies for frequent bowel movement
- Frequent bowel movements hangover
- Twisted bowel cause frequent bowel movements
- Slimey bowel movements and frequent bowel movements
- What are the reasons for frequent bowel movement during periods
- Frequent bowel movement reason and remedy
- Soft stools frequent bowel movements reason
- Bowel movement then frequent urination
- What is the reason for urge for frequent bowel movement
- Planing for baby, dont get orgasm. Frequency of intercourse?
- Heaviness,pushing feeling in vagina
- Menstrual period since 15 days,dark brown with lots of clots,using implanon
- Diet advice for gastritis?
- Diffuse fatty infiltration of liver,body mass index is 30.7
- Uncontrolled nausea,lower abdomen cramps,extreme fatigue,missed birth...
- Lump at the bottom of vulva, bleeding, oozing. Swab was normal. What can...
- Mild heart attack, gone unnoticed, infarction in the EKG
- Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?
- Hydrocele,no pain, taken hetrazan. Surgery?