Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Frequent and excessive urination, no burning sensation, no discharge. Chlamydia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
Hi the last four days I've been peeing alot and normal amounts of pee coming out there's no burning sensation or discharge but now today I've noticed I'm back to peeing like I normally do could this be clymidia
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later

Thanks for the query.

Chlamydia trachomatis is the causative organism for Non-Gonococcal Urethritis.
It is common in west particularly in whites but then it usually presents with white discharge(muco-purulent) and burning micturation/dysuria.

Since you just had excessive urination without any discharge, it is rare to have a chlamydia infection. Probably you just had a mild urethral smear) done or a culture to rule out gonorrhea.

You can even get a blood sugar done to rule out diabetes as frequent urination is the most common presentation in this.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries if any’.


Dr.Bharat chawda.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Frequent and excessive urination, no burning sensation, no discharge. Chlamydia? 11 hours later
Hi I did have unprotected sex about 9 weeks ago could it take that long for symptoms to show? And so do u think with me only having frequent urination and no other symptoms can I 100 percent rule out clymidia or gonnoreah?
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 12 hours later

Thank you for the reply,

Clinically we cannot rule out gonorrhea. If symptoms are persisting then you should go for the test for gonorrhea and then get treated accordingly.

At time we do give treatment empirically just on clinical grounds. Any macrolide or norfloxacin has good result in such cases.

Frequent urination by itself does not indicate gonorrhea. One does get burning sensation or white discharge. But since you had an unprotected sex, you should get your self completely checked especially a gram's staining to rule out gonorrhea.

Perhaps a visit to competent dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis and can help you with the grams staining as well.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.


Dr.Bharat chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor