Found tongue yellow, feeling burned. Swollen tongue and more mucus. What can this be?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My tongue is yellow, feels as if it were slightly burned. Back of throat has a slightly similar feel. More mucus in throat than usual. Tongue feels swollen.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible infection of mouth and throat....

Detailed Answer:

Your clinical symptoms indicate an infection of your mouth and throat. If I were your caring doctor would advise to do the culture of the throat swab for bacteria and candida together with antibiogramme and mycogramme.

As the tests results will come after 3 days, I'd suggest to stop smoking (if you are a smoker) and take a good care of your mouth (wash with water and salt, mouth spray).

Hope it answered your question!

Dr.Benard

p.s. if you have further concern, please write back to me!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T