Found swelling in testicle. Suggest some best hospital

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: hi, I find that my testicles are bit swollen. I need to go for a checkup. And would you help me in finding a better hospital in my locality? I am from hyderabad, India
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
You should get a consult with a physician or a urologist.
In hydrabad, Nizam's Institute is a good option in Govt. hospitals and Global hospital or XXXXXXX Hospital are good options if you want to go to a corporate hospital.
Wish you a great health!

Follow up: Dr. Ram Choudhary 18 days later

I consulted urologist for my previous question on testis enlargement. The doctor confirmed that there was no enlargement in testis. Actually there was no real enlargement in testis, it was skin around it was always tight & there was some prostatic liquid flow during urination. The doctor gave some antibiotics & asked to come to check somedays after.
Later I found, I am taking Finasteride tablet 1mg/per day for treating baldness which may be the cause for above. I stopped intaking finasteride tablets & now i feel normal, I mean testis & skin around it looks normal & no prostate fluid observed during urination.
Do you suggest to take it? Because I was looking for some information about the tablet in google etc... & found that it can cause some side effects.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Finasteride inhibits the formation of male hormone testosterone and may cause such feelings in scrotum and nipples.
You should stop it and take local options to treat baldness.
Hope the advise would be helpful for you.