Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Found small lump under armpit. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
I found a small lump that feels like a gland about 2 inches under my 5 yr old daughters armpit, it's about 2-3 inches over from her nipple and directly under the armpit. Should I go to our doctor?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 26 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Axillary lymph nodes more than 2cm needs to be evaluated.

Axillary lymph nodes drain area of hand, arm, lateral chest and anterior abdominal wall. Any infection in draining area can lead to lymph node enlargement.

Is there any fever?
Is there any papule or scratch XXXXXXX over hand or arm by cat as cat scratch is common cause of axillary lymphadenopathy?
Is there any history of recent immunization?

I suggest you to get your child examined by pediatrician; as physical examination is required to see the characters of swelling and overall clinical assessment.
Some tests such as complete blood count, ESR, CRP needs to be done to identify the cause.

I hope I have answered your query; let me know if you have any other query.

Wishing your child good health.

God bless!!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor