Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Found red spots on penis. Gets wet with foul smell after rubbing it. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions
HI My name is XXXXXXX based out of Bangalore working for XXXXXXX
My question is i have some red spot surrounding my penis area from yesterday and when i rub my hand it becomes wet with foul smell and i went to an Ayurdeda doctor for general consulting he said some main nerve below my penis is ruptured due to masturbation and it is very difficult to heal.Is there a way to identify this problem.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 9 minutes later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX ........
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the symptoms related to your genitalia. I would first of all clarify to you that masturbation does not rupture any nerve/blood vessel. There is a layer called "smegma", a type of secretion in between your foreskin and penis. To me it appears that the smegma is infected currently resulting in foul smell and excess secretion. All you have to do is to retract your foreskin wash with plain water and then consult a general physician in person to write down appropriate antibiotics after inspecting and examining the genital region. There is absolutely nothing to worry. Do clarify anything else you may wish to. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Found red spots on penis. Gets wet with foul smell after rubbing it. Any cure? 20 minutes later
what is the meaining for retracting the foreskin and will this problem permanently heal?
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 6 minutes later
Retracting foreskin and cleaning is just to reduce secretions and make you a bit comfortable. That will not cure you. Foreskin is the piece of skin over the front portion of your penis (glans penis) that you can pull back (the part that is circumcised in some communities). You would require both topical (i.e creams) antibiotics and oral antibiotics to cure the infection. Quadriderm cream is betamethasone, a steroid cream which should have been avoided suspecting infection (since it may have worsened your infection). Hope you have clarified your doubts.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor