Found multiple small raised spots inside vulva. What could it be?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Heat bump size spots/blemishes just inside vulva/vagina, which have been there for months ...Approx 6 in a row from base of vagina working up on left side. I would not know they are there apart from the raised blemishes.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I read your query and I understand your concerns. The multiple small raised spots inside vulva but outside vagina could be probably due to infection of hair follicle. It must be long standing. If they are not bothering you by itching, ulcer etc.... I suggest that you can ignore them. If you have trouble with those, please see a gynecologist who will remove them by a small procedure. If they are not causing problem, just leave them as it is as they won't harm.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE, IF THIS IS THE CASE, I WONDER HOW, AS THERE ARE NO HAIRS IN THAT AREA ? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 33 minutes later

Thanks for reply.

As the age advances, the density of hair as well as skin tone changes which makes displacement of earlier existing follicles to certain extent.

Since you are 65 years of age, that is a possibility. I suggest you get the lesions examined by a gynecologist for more local examination and associated factors which may be difficult for you to examine alone.

Please get back to me in case if you have any more doubts.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol