Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Found mass in umbilicus. Feeling nauseous and having brown discharge. Should I go for specialist advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I recently went to the doctor and found out I have a mass in my umbilicus with nausea but i also have brown discharge. What could it be? And the specialist they referred me to is on vacation. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
A swelling and brown discharge at umbilicus is ominous sign denoting an infection there.
You should not wait for the specialist nor should try any OTC treatments for this because the infection at this site is risky and can lead to extensive XXXXXXX sepsis in abdomen if left untreated.
Please visit a physician or surgeon as soon as possible and get yourself examined/investigated and treated as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor