Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Found lump under skin between elbow and wrist. Is this the cause of concern?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9238 Questions
I have just found a lump under my skin in my árm bwteen the albow and my wrist. Its not round but more flat.......hard in one end and softer else where.............
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX
You are describing some kind of subcutaneous lesion.
In most cases this is benign conditon caused by lipoma, fibroma, atheroma or varix veins.Also trauma or insect bite can cause it as well. Do you notice any redness or pain around it, or pus formation ? If not ,it means that it isnt infected and you shouldnt be worried. In very rare cases some of malignancies can manifest on this way, but to rule this out you can do ultrasound of this lump with needle aspiration. After that it can be treated by "wait and see" or it can be easily surgicaly removed and sent to analysis.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor