Found lump on the base of penis. Tested negative for HIV and VDRL. What is the problem?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: on 16 th of this month i had a lump on the base of the penis. little pain was there. i got checked for HIV and VDRL both negative. by 20th it started to go away , shrinking nad healing. it might be due to fact that i massage my penis with ayurvedic oil for last 45 days. but yesterday i went to a CSW and had protected vaginal sex with condom. she was very wet with lot of vaginal secretions and i made sure that my condom was unbroken throughout the intercourse. now the thing.... when i was about to remove the condom after intercourse i accidentally noticed that the condom was not covering the healed lump which was hardly 1.5 inch from base downside of shaft. i was sure i had put on condom till base and it might have slipped up to tip during action.. I got terrified but did not loose my calm. i inspected the lump but could not find any wetness there and the healing skin was intact. i washed it with warm water immedaitely and later on with dettol soap. really worried about HIV and other STD"s. Please advice
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

The chances of HIV and STD by the act described by you are very minute or negligible.

The fact that the bump was healed one and you had condom on which remain unbroken ,minimizes the risk to negligible.
Actual exchange of fluids is essential for HIV transmission. As it did not take place in your case the chance of HIV is unlikely.

Also I would like to know-
Did the Csw had any visible ulcer or sore over genitals?
Do you had any oral sex with her ?
The lump had any fluid after the action?

Answer the questions to help you better.

As of now there is nothing to be worried about.
Your risk of HIV and STD is negligible.

Hope this helps.

Dr XXXXXXX
HIV and STD specialist
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
thanks for the reply

Did the Csw had any visible ulcer or sore over genitals? didnt see any
Do you had any oral sex with her ? no
no

today the lump has actually shrunk to minute level with no fluid in

hope i can be confident of NO DISEASE
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Again,
Its good to know that lump has reduced in size.

After going through your answers I would like to re assure you that there is nil or very small chance in your case and there is nothing to be worried about.

Hope this helps to calm your mind.

DrSudarshan