Found lump on the base of head. Tender and sore to touch. What could be the causing the lump?
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.
After having gone through your details above, I should first reassure you that these are not signs of any serious illness. Also, as your hairdresser has confirmed that there are no marks or redness at present, there is no need to worry.
Sometimes, there could be minor inflammation in an area leading to pain and a feel of swelling. It settles down in a few days.
So, at present, there is no need to see any doctor. However, if the swelling is seen, or pain re-occurs, you may see your GP.
Please feel free to ask me, if you have any follow-up queries.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Breast lump tender to touch
- Breast lump sore to touch
- Lump at base of throat what could it be
- Sore lump at base of penis
- Found movable lump on gum what could be causing this
- What could be the cause for lump in the throat
- Lumps on head sore when touched
- Tenderness lumps at base of penis
- What causes lumps on head
- What could cause a lump on the thigh