Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Found low platelets, elevated CRP and RBC's. Blood filled blisters developed. How to treat this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 364 Questions
I am confused. Over the past 22 years, I have had extremely elevated XXXXXXX sed rates, CRP, and low complements. Now, I do not have any elevated ANA's but elevated CRP but high complements, elevated RBC's, low platelets. Rheumy has suggested a lip biopsy as well as a biopsy, when they occur, of these blood filled blisters that develop from time to time. How can you go from definite autoimmune illness to not an autoimmune just inflammation. I sure do feel bad.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic.

Thank you for your query.
I am sorry to know that you are suffering a lot.

SLE (lupus nephritis develops.

Blisters sometimes develop in SLE.
Autoimmune skin disease may be associated with SLE.
Blister is a common features of autoimmune skin disease like pemphigus vulgaris, lupus pemphigoid etc.

I think that there is no doubt about having SLE.
Now the main thing is to exclude other autoimmune disease.
Lip biopsy is needed to exclude sjogren’s syndrome.
It is another autoimmune disease, which may be associated with SLE.
This combination is not uncommon.

I think I have been some help of your query. Please do write back for further discussion on this. I would be glad to provide you with more information.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor