Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Found little red lumps under tongue. What should I do to get rid of them?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Critical Care Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 1663 Questions
hi i have had clear little lumps under my tongue and bottom of mouth and just noticed one has turned red blood looking is there anything i can do to get rid of them
thought i might have a std from oral encounters with my boyfriend but have had clear lumps for about 4 months now and havent caused me any discomfort but just curious now as one has turned red
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 43 minutes later
Hello thanks for writing to us.
The lumps which you have under your tongue and at the bottom of your mouth most probably could be mucosal cysts. Mucosal cysts are mostly retention cysts, caused by irritation or by injury and are usually harmless. Since one has turned red, it could either be due to bleeding inside the cyst or it may have got infected.

I would suggest you to consult a Dentist who may be able to drain it, or may remove it, if he/she thinks it is necessary to remove it.

Hope this answers your question.
Let me know if you have any more queries.

Take care

Dr Sadiq.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor